I work within the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical framework. All sessions will be conducted in strict confidence except in the following instances:
- Where the client gives consent for confidence to be broken
- Where the therapist is compelled by a court of law to break the confidence
- Where the therapist believes that there is a serious risk to the client or someone else.
In the event of my being unable to contact you (eg. through sudden incapacity) a trusted person has access to my client list and will contact you directly. This is also a professional requirement.
- Any records and statistics I maintain about clients are kept securely and subject to the General Data Protection Regulations 25/5/2018. Such records are used for the purposes of delivering the best quality Psychotherapy services, and for managing and supervising these services. Your records are held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. However, with the new regulations you are entitled to have your data erased.
- Any electronic communication will be with your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- If I experience any data breaches, I will inform you as soon as possible.
I use Google Analytics software to monitor how many people are visiting the website. Google records information including the pages people visit, repeat visits and IP addresses of visitors but IP addresses are stripped out of any reports that Google provides so that I don’t have access to them.